Check out this smoky veggie replacement for your tandoori cravings! Here is a zero oil recipe of Smoky barbecue style Tandoori Gobi on stove (Yes! No Oven… Right on your kitchen stove!).
And the best part is this recipe is kid friendly!
Smoky BBQ Style Tandoori Gobi
Looking for a vegetarian alternative to soothe your non-veg tandoori cravings? Then this recipe is just for you.
Our guest, Theja, is here to present a smoky tandoori gobi recipe which is a great snack and an appetizer that go well for any occasion.
Related Read: Other posts by Theja
Tandoori cauliflower is an excellent north indian dish that constitutes a yummy starter for your mealtimes. It is generally relished with green chutney.
BBQ style Tandoori Gobi Recipe
Make this grilled cauliflower recipe at your home and have a barbeque style starter ready for your dinner! Florets of cauliflower are marinated with curd and mild spices which are grilled on the fire.
- 1 Medium sized Cauliflower
- 1 tsp Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Curd
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- Salt, as required
- 2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- Kasthuri methi
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely crushed (optional)
- ½ Inch Ginger, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Besan (for binding)
- Cut the cauliflower florets keeping big stalks
- Add the florets to boiling water, with a bit of salt and inegar
- Boil for not more than 3 minutes and let them cool
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under ‘to Marinade’
- Mix the boiled florets to the marinade mixture
- Hook the florets to a fork or skewers and heat them on the stove directly , until they turn smoky and cooked
- Your Smoky Tandoori Gobi is now ready to be served!
- Choose the Cauliflowers with no blackspots
- Replace fork with skewers, if available, for exact BBQ style recipe
- You can even replace besan flour with oats powder.
- Vinegar or Lemon juice used while boiling are to kill germs if any. You can even replace it with traditional styled Turmeric powder.
Hope you liked this recipe.
Do let us know in the comments about your favorite cauliflower recipes.
About the Guest
Theja is a mom to 2 little charms, and a mompreneur running an online boutique Purvi Trends .
She is an expert cooking star who inspires many fellow moms on the social platform, Instagram, via Ammayi to Amma. You must definitely want to look at her take on relationship and raising kids in her instagram profile.
Connect with Theja:
Instagram – @ammayi_to_amma