Curd Vermicelli / Thayir semiya is an easy dish you can make in a matter of minutes for lunch. The recipe is an exciting alternative for boring curd rice.
CURD VERMICELLI / THAYIR SEMIYA
Summer is already here. And these hot days make us want to binge eat on foods that has cooling effects like curd, buttermilk, and all that.
But, what is curd rice is so boring and monotonous EVERY. SINGLE. DAY?
That is why our charming mompreneur Theja (a.k.a Ammayi To Amma) is here with an exciting curd filled recipe – CURD VERMICELLI. Enjoy your curd rice with a twist of replacing rice with vermicelli.
Related Read: Other posts by Theja
Curd Vermicelli Recipe
Make this Curd Semiya – the 5 minute one-pot recipe – today and make it your summer special dish. This goes well with our traditional pickles and papads or vadagam!
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup roasted semolina ( Semiya/Vermicelli )
- Salt as required
For Tempering –
- Urad Dal
- Channa Dal
- Cashews (Optional)
- Raisins (Optional)
- 1 small Green Chilli
- 1 Finely chopped cucumber
- Freshly crushed pepper powder
- In a bowl of boiling water, add few drops of oil and some salt
- Then, add a cup full of roasted semolina
- Let it cook for 3 minutes. Then drain the water.
- Rinse it with cold water and set aside.
For Tempering / Tadka –
- In a tawa, heat some oil and add Mustard.
- Once Mustard flutters, add Jeera, Channa dal and Urad dal and fry until golden brown.
- Now add Chilli to it and let it fry.
- Add cashew and raisins and switch off the stove
For Topping –
- Add finely chopped cucumber – this adds a crunchy taste to the dish. #Protip
- Add freshly crushed pepper powder – Trust me this step enhances the flavor and makes it tasty and really different. #Protip
- Lastly, add the cooked vermicelli and enough amount of curd to the tadka. And serve.
Hope you liked the recipe.
Do let us know in the comments if you try it!
About the Guest
Theja is an alluring mom of 2 and a inspiring mompreneur running an online boutique, Purvi Trends.
She is an expert cooking star who inspires many fellow moms on the social platform, Instagram, via Ammayi to Amma. You must definitely want to look at her take on relationship and raising kids in her instagram profile.
Connect with Theja on Instagram @ammayi_to_amma