Take a look at this extremely easy and a low calorie recipe for eggless wheat banana pancake which will be enjoyed equally by kids and adults.
It’s the lockdown season. And everyone around us seems to be trying out some new recipe for their family.
But mama, I understand we are all stuck up between the active kids and unending vessels in the sink. (Phew…) It is easy to fall into the trap of feeling guilty of not treating our family with new exotic recipes. But, you don’t have to be.
That’s why I am here with an easy-peasy recipe of kid-friendly healthy pancakes without eggs.
These eggless banana pancakes are perfect for giving a treat for your entire family amidst your busy schedule.
Wheat Banana Pancakes
The Whole Wheat Banana Pancake Recipe is filled with healthy ingredients and will be filling enough to keep you and kids fueled until the next meal.
We had it with a touch of Ghat Honey and it tasted so great. You can even try it with Nutella or just eat it alone – it tastes awesome anyway!
Note: Honey shouldn’t be given to children below 1 year of age. Know why here.
So, Are you ready to make wheat banana pancakes?
Recipe for Eggless Wheat Banana Pancakes for Babies & Kids
This banana pancake recipe is easy to make and healthy to eat for everyone from babies to adults. With this recipe, you can make around 10 small-sized pancakes.
Servings: 10 Small Sized Pancakes
Cooking time: 10 minutes or even less
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup + 1tbsp milk
- 1 large banana (the riper the better)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter or ghee or oil
- A pinch of salt
- Mash the banana with a fork, spoon, or using hand. #Tip – Don’t use a blender. As it may make the pancake more sticky.
- Add other ingredients – Wheat flour, Milk, Butter/Ghee/Oil, Salt.
- Mix well until no lumps are there.
- Heat a pan and sprinkle some ghee or butter on it. Keep in medium flame.
- Pour the batter in small rounds. #Tip – Don’t spread it. Let it spread on its own to get a fluffy pancake.
- Cover the pan with a lid for some time and then turn over the pancakes for the other side to get cooked.
- Once it turns slightly brownish, take it off the pan and your dish is ready to SERVE.
Variations to Banana Pancake Recipe
With this wheat pancake recipe as a base idea, you can add or substitute ingredients to suit your taste and enjoy the tasty pancakes of your choice.
Here are some ideas on variations of this recipe.
With egg – Use 1 large egg for 1 cup of wheat flour. And reduce the quantity of milk added to half.
Without dairy products – Replace animal milk by any other vegan milk like nut milk or coconut milk. Replace butter or ghee by oil.
Chocolate banana pancake – Add 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder to the batter.
Gluten-free – Replace whole wheat flour by all purpose flour or any gluten-free flour.
Extra fluffy pancake – Add 1tsp of Baking Powder (Not Baking Soda!)
Flavored pancakes – Use vanilla essence or cinnamon powder for flavor
Yummy toppings – Add any toppng of your choice to the pancake to make it yummier! Sliced banana, peanut butter, Nutella or honey can be great options.
Wrapping it up…
Hope you liked this version of banana pancake recipe.
And please don’t forget to let us know if your tried it out in the comments section below.